Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snow Day in Spring, WHAT?!??!?

Cheers for snow cream and hot chocolate!





Snow fluff 

Snowman snacks on a stick

Beautiful Princess Tiger Lily

Dolled up Picasso

Snowpocalypse '13
Since I am so uninspired by the 8+ inches of snow we had dumped on us last night I will share what we did during the last Snowpocalypse. We played outside for awhile but the snow was so deep that Princess Tiger Lily couldn't walk and her too big boots kept getting stuck in the depth of the white stuff. So she settled on eating the snow, apparently it tasted best when licked off her glove. I told Picasso to fill a bowl of clean snow and we will make a surprise in the kitchen. Once we had our fill of outdoor play we headed back inside where I stripped off the wet outer layers and warmed up. Finally dry and warm I told them we were going to make snow cream! I just added stevia until it was sweet enough and then mixed in some vanilla to taste and milk to make the right consistency. It still ended up like a snow ice milk more than ice cream but the girls were delighted that we had a fun treat. I promptly made some hot chocolate and we sat down to watch a show with our snack. The next day we didn't venture outside but stayed indoors and had a jam packed day. For breakfast I baked a dutch baby pancake which was fantastic! We then made snowman pops from bananas and other fruit accessories, mixed up "snow fluff" (shredded toilet paper with warm water and ivory soap, I just googled snow crafts and happened to have the stuff on hand), we had a crazy, loud, and rockin' dance party, and taking a cue from Emily Post we decided to act civilized and proper so I curled their hair, put on some makeup, and they dressed up as beautified princesses. Thankfully Daddy came home from work just in time to give me some relief and while they played together I made dinner. We were snowed in for a few more days and after all that I was depleted of creative ideas and we just stayed in our jammies and watched too much tv until the magical white powder that fell from the heavens mysteriously melted bringing joy and hope to all in our region.

No comments:

Post a Comment