Friday, March 22, 2013

Fanciful Friday @ Bloom Baking Company








A few weeks ago I decided that I need to set boundaries on how much sugar I give my girls (and myself) throughout the week. So I created Fanciful Friday and each week we get to go out and have a sweet treat. Last week we enjoyed cake pops from Starbucks and today we made the trek to the City Market which houses one of my very favorite bakeries, the Bloom Baking Co. They make everything from scratch and offer a delicious array of pastries, cakes, cupcakes, french macaroons, and bread. Be still my heart. Homemade bread slathered with creamy, salty butter is one of the best treats ever! Today they were sampling their foccacia, brioche (which they use to make their amazing bread pudding), a multi grain bread, and a white bread with sesame seeds on the top crust, mmmmm! After we each had a tiny taste of these homemade butter bearers we went inside to behold their sweeter selections. Princess Tiger Lily decided on an iced oatmeal cookie while Picasso debated for awhile. She finally chose a vanilla bean cupcake that had bright green frosting garnished with a delicate pink flower. I stuck with my favorite, the Bloomberry Cupcake. It's vanilla bean cake filled with berries and frosted with a vanilla marscapone frosting. Let me say that there is no one around that has such a delicious frosting as this. It's different than your standard buttercream and so light and fluffy without being overly sweet. It's so delightful I could eat a whole bowl with a spoon. That being said my other favorite bakery does have the best traditional buttercream around, but I'll post about that at a later date. The girls couldn't bear waiting to have their treats so I let them eat them in the van on the way back home. I was the patient one this time and enjoyed mine later : ) Until next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment