Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Brunch at Country Keepsakes Tea Room in Belton, MO












Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful mommies! You are a priceless treasure to your family and there is no one like you in all the earth. Be blessed today as you are celebrated and cherished! My Hubby treated me to a night alone and shopping last night, a rose bush that I've been wanting in honor of my late grandmother Mema who always had beautiful roses in her front yard, a new pillow I've been wanting, kitchen utensils since some of mine are worn out, and a beautiful brunch. We dined at Country Keepsakes Tea Room and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. There was a long buffet line offering a wonderful selection of muffins, monkey bread, lemon blueberry rolls, scones, fruit salad, biscuits and gravy, pasta salad, several quiche varieties, grilled asparagus, tuna noodle casserole, pot roast, and parmesan crusted chicken tenders. OH. MY. GOODNESS! Did I mention there was a dessert buffet as well? I selected a Blackberry Sage iced tea to drink and the girls both chose a perfectly pink Raspberry Rose iced tea which were served in mason jar glasses. I must have some of those glasses. We ate to our hearts content and then somehow made room for the dessert bar. They offered peach cobbler, chocolate cake, Reece's cake, pink lemonade mini pies, both chocolate and coconut cream mini pies, bread pudding, and carrot cake. Picasso and Princess Tiger Lily both chose the pink lemonade pie, I had the chocolate cream pie, and Hubby had the bread pudding and coconut cream pie. I don't think any of us could have had one more bite lest we would have been rolled out the door by funny looking short men like Veruca Salt. We all napped this afternoon and I am sitting here with joe and mac catching up on some blog posts. What a beautiful day! Happy Mommies Day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment